Get Android 7.1.1 Fresh For Nexus 5X [Guide]
Are you a Nexus 5X user who have been eyeing the Pixel devices but a quick look at your pockets just leave you even more frustrated?
Well, we have the next best thing for you. Now, you can give a Pixel-boost to your Nexus 5X device by installing the NMF26F Android 7.1.1 Nougat using factory images and OTA files. However, be sure to backup all important data as well as download and install USB drivers for Nexus on your PC.
Besides that, the Nexus bootloader should be unlocked and you should have Android SDK installed on your PC. Also, check that you have enabled USB debugging and that your device has more than 70 percent of charge.
Flash NMF26F For Nexus 5X Via Factory Images
1. Download NMF26F Android 7.1.1 factory images for your Nexus 5X.
2. Connect your device to your PC via a USB cable and power off.
3. Switch on your device while pressing the Volume Down + Power buttons until the Fastboot menu appears and yoou see the START text on top.
4. Extract the Nougat file to your PC. Go to _NMF26F_ folder and copy/paste all files to your Fastboot directory.
5. Click on the folder containing the factory image downloaded and extracted. Type cmd in the address bar and key in these commands followed by enter.
Windows: Run flash-all.bat
On Mac: Run flash-all.sh using Terminal
Linux: Run flash-all.sh
6. Your device will reboot once the script is completed. And, you now have a Nexus 5X running on Android 7.1.1.
Update Nexus 5X To NMF26F Android 7.1.1 Via OTA files
1. Download the NMF26F Android 7.1.1 Nougat OTA file to your PC.
2. Power off your Nexus device.
3. Switch on your device while pressing the Volume Down + Power buttons until the Fastboot menu appears.
4. Press the Volume Down button to navigate to the Recovery mode and select using the Power button. Your device will now reboot and enter the recovery mode.
5. Look out for the Android logo with an exclamation mark. Hold the Power button and press Volume Up once to get the menu. Then, navigate using the volume buttons and select with the Power button.
6. Find and select the Apply update from ADB.
7. Connect your device to your PC via the USB cable.
8. Go to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory in your PC to look for the Android 7.1.1 Nougat zip file.
9. Open Command Prompt by Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
10. Type in the following command followed by Enter.
adb sideload nougat.zip
11. Once the installation is completed, navigate to and click Reboot system now.
And, there you have it. Two ways to get the latest Nougat into your Nexus 5X.