Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat For HTC One M9 Here [Guide]
HTC One M9 users will no longer have to wait for the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat update, all thanks Slim7 custom firmware. Don’t know how to do it? That’s fine as we have all the steps to take you into Nougat.
However, it’s important that you backup all important data prior to attempting this flash. You would also need to install USB drivers for your HTC device.
Don’t forget to enable USB debugging by navigating to Settings>Development Options>USB debugging as well as ensure that your device’s boot loader is unlocked and a recovery tool, such as TWRP or CWM, is installed.
How to Update HTC One M9 to Android 7.1.1 Slim7
1) Download Slim7 Android 7.1.1 custom ROM for HTC One M9 and extract the boot.img file. The GApps package should also be downloaded.
2) Via a USB cable, connect your HTC One M9 to your computer and duplicate the ROM and GApps zip files to your device’s SD card root folder.
3) Copy and paste the boot.img file into the Android-sdk-windows/platform-tools directory.
4) Unplug your device from the USB cord and turn off your device.
5) Boot your device by simultaneously pressing down the Volume Down and Power buttons.
6) In the Fastboot mode, go to android-sdk-windows/platform-tools on your computer and open the command prompt by clicking Shift + Right Click then select the Open Command Prompt.
7) Key in “fastboot flash boot boot.img” and click Enter, followed by “Fastboot reboot” and press Enter again.
8) Follow the instructions and select Bootloader>Recovery.
9) From the CWM recovery menu, click on wipe data/factory reset and affirm the process.
10) Next, click on wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
11) Then select install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard. Look for the Slim7 custom firmware file and affirm the process.
12) Repeat the steps with the GApps package.
13) Go back to the main recovery menu and reboot your device into the new custom ROM. This will take about 5 minutes.
And, there you have it. Android 7.1.1 Nougat right in your HTC One M9. Let us know if you try it out.