iPhone Electrocutes Man To Death Mid-Bath

A 32-year-old man was electrocuted to death after his iPhone fell into the bathtub while he was taking a bath, according to a report by The Guardian.

The victim, Richard Bull was discovered dead by his wife late December last year with burns on his right arm and hand. Based on the report, Coroner Sean Cummings believes that the death was accidental.

Cummings stated that, “These seem like innocuous devices, but they can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom. They should attach warnings.”

“This was a tragic accident and I have no reason to believe at all that there anything other than it being completely accidental,” added Cummings.

Mrs. Bull revealed to the investigators that her husband had plugged in the iPhone to a charger from the hallway all the way into the bathtub.

It’s true that some models of iPhones are said to be water resistant but Apple has stated that an iPhone shouldn’t be charged if it is wet.

This tragic accident reminds us that electricity and water aren’t exactly friends; so, maybe it’s best to actually leave your smartphone outside before stepping into the bathroom.

We’re sure your beloved device wouldn’t miss you too much.