Technology

Samsung Fails To Break Galaxy S6 Curse

By  |

The Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge is a great device that comes with superb performance, excellent photo quality as well as a stunning Quad HD Super AMOLED display which gives users a media experience like no other. However, its potential can’t be fully realized with its poor battery life.

One of the core reasons many people had purchased the Galaxy S7/Edge is their battery capacity. The S7 is fitted with a 3,000mAh while the S7 Edge has 3,600mAh. This is evident that people have been displeased with the battery life of the Galaxy S6/Edge.

Nevertheless, the poor battery life issue faced by some users of the Galaxy duo wasn’t actually a reason behind its small capacity numbers. Many folks have said that things were starting to heat up in regards to the Galaxy S6/Edge.

Although these devices are not as prone to explosions as the infamous Galaxy Note 7, they do experience bouts of overheating. It can be so extreme that in many cases the S6/Edge can’t seem to hold adequate charge to last for more than several hours of regular usage.

Could the devices software be the cause of this? Or, is it the hardware?

Well, it could be both. The Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is known for draining too much power but it seems like even the Doze-enabled Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow can’t fix the problem.

A look at the numerous threads on Reddit this year would suggest that the hardware of the Galaxy S6/Edge is the main reason behind the devices’ overheating tendencies, following users depleting all other ways to preserve the battery life of their device.

1. Mike

December 13, 2016 at 10:59 am

I have 2 and the S6 edge last just as long as my HTC or I phone 6S and charge much faster then the other 2 all are good phones but I like the S6 edge for the photos and outstanding display

• pete

December 14, 2016 at 3:43 am

S6 Charges super fast, and battery life is really good unless screen is on constantly. 2 years later they are still excellent phone, super fast too!

• Mike

December 14, 2016 at 9:50 am

Agreed Im will be looking at the S8 when its released

2. Russ Hatfield

December 13, 2016 at 12:17 pm

I am utterly disgusted with the Samsung S6 and issues with their battery and over heating. It over heats while charging which is a VERY frequent event. No one seems to be able to address the issues. This phone has driven me and my family to the Google Pixel. I am on a waiting list for the Pixel XL with 128GB of storage. So long Samsung.

• Mike

December 13, 2016 at 7:01 pm

The pixel looks nice mine gets a little warm if I charge from 0% only if I use my fast charger if I use the wireless it doesn’t do that and when I first got mine the battery woud drain when not in use I went in to store and it was the auto sync turned it off and it quit doing that if that helps

• Mindy Santo

December 13, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Russ Hatfield, did you get the Google phone yet? I’ve been thinking about it too. What provider can you use with those phones? Thanks in advance for your help, Mindy

3. MIGUEL A CUYA

December 13, 2016 at 2:33 pm

This happens to me all the time. The phone goes into over heating and it won’t hold a charge. Sometimes it will be at 100% and it will go to 20% in 2-3 hours without using it. Samsung likely knows about battery issues but they are not going to do anything.