If you’re a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 owner who is dying to jump on the Nougat bandwagon, we have the perfect alternative for you.
With the help of Emotion ROM, Galaxy Note 4 owners will now have the chance to experience the greatness of Nougat via their two-year-old device. The Android 7.1.1 Nougat-based ROM, constructed on AOKP, will be bringing faster and smoother interface to your Note 4.
It’s as simple as following this guide to get Android 7 Nougat custom ROM into your Galaxy Note 4. But, don’t forget to backup all vital data and ensure that your device is rooted, unlocked, and installed with either TWRP or CWM. It’s also crucial that your Note 4 holds at least 60 percent charge prior to trying out this process.
You will also need to enable the USB debugging option on your Galaxy Note 4 by going to Settings > Development Options > USB Debugging.
How to Update Your Galaxy Note 4 N910F to Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM
1. Download Emotion Android 7.1.1 custom ROM for Galaxy Note 4 N910F and GApps package and save it to your PC.
2. Plug your Galaxy Note 4 to the computer via a USB cable and copy the zip files to your device’s SD card.
3. Get the device into recovery mode by simultaneously pressing the Volume Up+Home+Power keys.
4. Next, click Wipe data tasks > wipe data / factory reset and affirm the process from the recovery menu. Then, click wipe cache partition > wipe dalvik cache.
5. Select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard. Look for the Emotion Nougat custom firmware and affirm the flash.
6. Wait for that to be completed then repeat these entire steps with GApps, this time.
7. Return to the main recovery menu and reboot your device into the new custom ROM.
And, now you have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running on the latest version of Nougat! Do share your experience with us if you decide on taking your Note 4 into this new update.