Calling all Samsung Galaxy S4 users!
There is now a way you could update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 7.0 Nougat via AOSP Nougat custom ROM. Although it isn’t perfect yet, you’ll get a chance to experience a number of exciting Nougat features.
Follow this guide to update your Galaxy S4 to Android 7.0 AOSP ROM:
1) Download the AOSP Android 7.0 ROM for Galaxy S4 LTE 19505.
2) Copy the zip file into your SD card and download the GApps for Android 7.
3) Reboot your device into Recovery mode by holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
4) Backup your current ROM by selecting Backup and Restore > Backup and return to the recovery menu.
5) Select wipe data/factory reset > Yes to confirm the reset.
6) Return to the CWM recovery menu and select Wipe Cache Partition > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
7) Next, select install zip from sdcard > choose a zip from SD card.
8) Look for the AOSP custom ROM and select with the Power button. Affirm the flash by clicking Yes.
9) Repeat the entire process, this time select the GApps instead of ROM file.
10) Once completed, return to the main recovery menu and choose reboot system now to reboot your device to the latest firmware.
It’s vital to remember to backup any important data prior to attempting this flash and you should also have a custom recovery tool such as TWRP or CWM installed in your device. This update will require a huge amount of battery so do make sure that your device has at least 70 percent of charge.