Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge: Don’t Let Nougat Bully You
There are many Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge users who are passively waiting for the update in the US while it’s being released in Europe at the moment. Well, it looks like it’s the perfect time to take matters into your own hands and install it yourself!
Now, Galaxy S6 Edge users can jump into Nougat via Android 7.0 Nougat based Platinum Edge custom ROM. This ROM even includes the February security patch.
However, before you proceed, it’s best that you backup all important data on your device and enable USB debugging option on your device by going to Settings>Development Options>USB debugging.
Your device must also be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool such as TWRP or CWM, as well as have at least 60 percent of power.
How to Update Galaxy S6 Edge to Android 7 Nougat Platinum Edge ROM
1. Download Android 7.0 Platinum Edge custom software for Galaxy S6 Edge G925F and save it to your computer, without extracting the contents.
2. Via a USB cable, connect your Galaxy S6 Edge to your computer and copy the zip file into your device’s SD card.
3. Go into recovery mode by switching the device on while, simultaneously, pressing the Volume Up+Home+Power keys.
4. Carry out a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup backup>and restore on ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery.
5. Perform wipe data tasks. From Recovery, carry out a full data wipe by clicking on the Wipe button. Then, click Swipe to Factory Reset at the bottom.
6. Return to the main recovery menu and click on the Install button. Look for the ROM ZIP file and click on the Swipe to Confirm Flash.
7. Once completed, reboot your G925F device into the new custom ROM.
Don’t forget to leave a comment on your experience!
This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S6 edge model G925F. Do not attempt this on any other Android or Samsung devices.