If you’re getting tired of waiting for Samsung to release the latest Nougat feature to your Galaxy S6, we have the perfect alternative for you. Thanks to LineageOS, you can now update your Galaxy S6 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat based LineageOS ROM.
However, it’s important that you backup your data on your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F prior to attempting this flashing process. You will also need to enable the USB debugging option on your device by navigating to Settings>Development Options>USB Debugging.
Besides that, don’t forget that your Galaxy S6 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool such as TWRP or CWM, aside from having at least 60 percent charge.
How to Update Galaxy S6 to Android 7.1.1 ROM
1. Download LineageOS custom firmware for Galaxy S6 as well as Google Apps Package and save it to your PC.
2. Using a USB cable, connect your Galaxy S6 to your PC and copy the zip file to your device’s SD card.
3. Disconnect the USB cord and turn off your device.
4. Boot it into recovery mode by turning your device on while simultaneously pressing down the Volume Up+Home+Power keys.
5. From the CWM recovery menu, click on wipe data/factory reset and affirm the process.
6. From the recovery menu, click install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard. Look for the LineageOS Android 7.1.1 custom firmware and affirm the flash.
7. Go back to the main recovery menu and reboot your G920F device into the new custom ROM. This will take approximately 5 minutes, so be patient.
Don’t forget to share your experience with us if you try out this update!