Technology

Samsung Galaxy S6: People Could Get Hurt!

By  | 

A home in England was shocked with an explosion on Christmas Eve. A Samsung Galaxy S6 device burst into flames just nearly missing a six-month old baby boy, as reported by Phone Arena.

The particular device was said to have left to charge on a bedside table when the owner heard a bang. It wasn’t too loud but it still pushed her to check the bedroom. Victoria Leeds was then greeted with a flaming Galaxy S6.

The 39-year old Leeds revealed that, “There was a flame coming from the phone and sparks flying everywhere. They looked like fireworks.”

Source: Manchester Evening News

The mother had just taken her son out of the cot where he was asleep and shifted him to the bed. Fortunately for that as the cot appears to have suffered burn marks.

To make things worse, Leeds was just about to take a shower and if the device had exploded just five minutes later, her baby would have been seriously hurt.

Leeds has contacted Samsung and the company has agreed to mail her a replacement unit. But, the mother is still waiting even though it has been a week.

Maybe Samsung is too busy with other things. However, it is quite peculiar that it had time to release a statement that read “there are no known issues with the Galaxy S6.”

1 Comment

  1. Heather Cudnik

    January 6, 2017 at 12:10 am

    I have a refurbished Galaxy s6 that has gotten so hot it burns my skin in my pocket, not even charging. I have an unlimited data plan yet it only likes to work properly when I’m connected to wifi. Most of the time it won’t even let me make phone calls or text unless I’m near wifi. T-mobile won’t let me replace it, so I still have to pay it off, even though it has never worked correctly and I bought it through their website. It’s infuriating.