The highly anticipated 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 may have a really close rival in its hands.

The 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat recorded a sale of 11,955 units for 2016, according to Hellcat.org.

This shows a 67 percent increase from the previous year. The Hellcat Challenger only managed to sell 7,168 units in 2015.

From the 11,995 units for 2016, 33 percent were six-speed manual transmissions, while the remaining 67 percent were the eight-speed automatic transmission, marking a 2:1 ration.

Last year, the two transmission options saw a similar level of sales with the ration of 1:1.

Color wise, the Pitch Black version dominated with 27 percent of the sales while Plum Crazy came in second with 11 percent and Bright White was third with 9 percent.

The Maximum Steel was the least popular color option with only 1.5 percent sales.

With figures like these, we can be pretty sure the 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat would pose a good fight against the upcoming Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.


Staff Reporter

DSK is the first choice for the latest technology, gaming and vehicle news.