Heads up all HTC One M8 user!
If you’ve been craving to get a taste of Nougat, we have the ideal guide to catapult you into the latest and greatest. All you have to do is to follow the steps and you’ll be experiencing Nougat in no time. However, be sure to adhere to the prerequisite prior to updating your device.
– Backup all crucial data on your device as a complete wipe will be needed during the flashing process.
– Install USB drivers for your device.
– Enable USB debugging option by navigating to Settings>Development Options>USB Debugging.
– Be sure that your device is unlocked and installed with a recovery tool such as TWRP or CWM.
– Your HTC One M8 should have at least 80 percent power.
How to Update HTC One M8 to Android 7.1.1 crDroid
1. Download AICP custom ROM as well as the GApps package for HTC One M8 and extract the boot.img file.
2. Connect your device to your computer via a USB cable and copy the ROM and GApps zip files to your device’s SD card root folder.
3. Copy and paste the boot.img file to the Android-sdk-windows/platform-tools directory.
4. Unplug the USB cable and turn off your device.
5. Boot your device in the Bootloader/Fastboot mode by simultaneously pressing the Volume Down and Power keys.
6. From the Fastboot mode, go to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer and open command prompt (Shift+Right-click) then click on Open Command Prompt.
7. Type fastboot flash boot boot.img and press Enter, then Fastboot reboot followed by Enter again.
8. Follow the instructions then click Bootloader>Recovery.
9. In Recovery, conduct wipe data task. Via the CWM recovery menu, click wipe data/factory reset then confirm the process.
10. Then, conduct wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache (via Advanced)
11. From the recovery main menu, click install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard. Look for AICP Android 7.1.1 custom ROM file and affirm the flashing process.
12. When the flash is done, repeat the steps above but with GApps package this round.
13. Go back to the main recovery menu and reboot your device into the new custom ROM.
Keep in mind that it will take about 5 minutes, so please do be patient. And, don’t forget to let us know how did the experience go for you!