Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is still up to date with its monthly security patches yet this will all change once the Galaxy Note 7 is reignited as 2017 approaches. The Note 4 may very well become obsolete just like the Note 3.

It’s fair that the Note 3 can’t receive the Android 7.0 Nougat as its Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor is not compatible with the latest software configuration. However, this isn’t the case with the Note 4.

The Note 4 is equipped with a Snapdragon 805 chipset which can handle Nougat so it’s baffling as to why it won’t be receiving it. Samsung is largely to blame for this.

The bottom line is, the Note 4 will have to say goodbye to Android with the ceasing of its software and security updates. This could probably be Samsung’s way to coerce users to opt for the problematic Galaxy Note 7 and it may be a fruitful effort.

Staff Reporter

DSK is the first choice for the latest technology, gaming and vehicle news.

Ron · October 29, 2016 at 5:36 am

Sad. My Note 4 is such a nice device. The stylus has become a must-along with removable battery, huge gorgeous display,removable external memory, IR blaster and “just because” it all makes sense.

bpw · October 29, 2016 at 6:27 am

Bite me, Samsung. I have a Note 4, and considering this move by you, it will be my last Samsung.

Joaquin Guerrero · October 29, 2016 at 6:55 am

I really like my Note 4. So much that I sent the Note 7 back before the battery problem (love the universal remote). However, I have found a handwriting keyboard on the IPad that is better. If I have to change, I will most likely change to the IPhone Plus since it updates all its devices. After the Note 7 fiasco, I wouldn’t tick off another segment of the customer base.

Deborah · October 29, 2016 at 8:48 am

How is Samsung going to maintain its customer base if people see just how easily the company decides to no longer support for their own products. The note 4 is still being issued by major phone services like AT&T. People take on 2 year contracts with the idea their selecting a device that will be supported for at least that long from the manufacturer as well as the carrier. I have had my Note 4 for less than 1 year. They shouldn’t be selling them if they wont support them.

Todd Smith · October 29, 2016 at 10:10 am

…killing support before the payments are even done!

@last Samsung phone ever.

Patrickb · October 29, 2016 at 12:24 pm

This is why I’m a modder and Love Android. I currently own a stock Galaxy Note 5, but I also own a Galaxy Note 3 that’s running Marchmallow 6.0.1 flawlessly by way of the Resurrection Remix rom. Also gets monthly security patches even before my Note 5. My Note 3 is even quicker than my Note 5.How Bout That!!

Tracy Maddox · October 29, 2016 at 3:50 pm

This maybe y my note is messing up

Jared kiplagat letting · October 30, 2016 at 12:12 am

Am using note 4 and i love it ….so update note 4 soon again

Jared kiplagat letting · October 30, 2016 at 12:13 am

And my note for its hung alot

Manoj Srivastava · October 30, 2016 at 3:01 am

As a Samsung Note 4 owner, I would appreciate if Samsung gave an update to the note 4 coercion never works, if they don’t give an update I would move to another brand than buy another Samsung. This negative approach will not retain customers who have been loyal to the brand.

Bertha · October 30, 2016 at 5:50 am

HELLO I’M OUTRAGED I LOVE MY NOTE 4 BUT HAVE BEEN HAVING NUMEROUS PROBLEMS WITH IT EXTREME OVERHEATING… BATTERY DRAINING EXTREMELY FAST… SHUTS OFF COMPLETELY ALL IF A SUDDEN …. I DON’T GET VOICE MAIL NOTIFICATIONS… OR MESSAGES.. OR CALLS FREQUENTLY. .. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO I PAYED CLOSE TO 800 FOR THIS PHONE AND IT WAS WORKING PERFECTLY UNTIL THE NOTE 7 CAME OUT IS THIS A WAY TO GET NOTE 4 OWNERS TO PURCHASE YOUR NEW PHONE??? AND YOUR NEW PHONE HAS BEEN BANNED BECAUSE OF ALL THE FIRE ACCIDENTS IT HAS CAUSED WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS NOT ALL OF US HAVE THE FINANCIAL CAPABILITY TO PURCHASE THESE EXPENSIVE PHONES IT’S JUST NOT FAIR AND IT’S INSANE I’VE HAD TO HAVE MY NOTE 4 REBOOTED 3 TIMES ALREADY DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT JUST SHUTS DOWN AND WON’T TURN ON I’VE LOST VALUABLE PICTURES AND FILES PLEASE STOP THIS HAVE A HEART AND CONSCIOUS…. THANK YOU

Charles Brown · October 31, 2016 at 3:34 am

I have had every note and not only do I have the 4 I have a spare battery and changer that’s how much I love this phone if I have to give it up I will also give up my Samsung TV my Samsung laptop and I will move on to another brand

Joebee · October 31, 2016 at 11:50 am

Going to keep my Note 4 as long as I can. Love it.

Comments are closed.